Wednesday 9 July 2008

Linkedin

I have been working on my Linkedin profile recently and am starting to see some interesting results.

View Jonathan Richards's profile on LinkedIn

Having played with Linkedin and ecademy I decided to concentrate on growing my Linkedin network. ecademy just seemed to be too hard to navigate and sent me too many 'update' emails.

It is taking a while but I am now making contact with past colleagues, clients and contacts. Starting with a view that quality of contact is far better than quantity, I am engaging with some really interesting people. For me it is essential that you know why you want to make contact with a person - business, personal or maybe just to say hi - but collecting names is not for me. For each person I link to, I am trying to find a way to engage with them outside of Linkedin. There seem to be some real 'professional' Linkedin'ers who have hundreds of contacts and it must be a full time job to keep in touch.

Some interesting tips at http://www.linkedinhelp.com/

If we are heading into a recession then business is going to become even more focused on who you know and I see Linkedin as being a great getting to know tool.

No comments: